Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sick

I have not been this sick in a long time.  I think the last time I was this sick was when I was student teaching and got infected with the lovely H1N1.  I felt fine Friday during the day.  It wasn't until that evening that I started sneezing and my sinuses become congested.  Now I can't breathe through my nose, I can't hear, my nose is sore from blowing/running, my ribs hurt from coughing, and my head hurts from sinus headaches.  Yes, I think I'm falling to pieces!  My poor kids wanted to play outside all weekend, but I wouldn't let them because Shawn was at work and all I could do was nap on the couch.  They watched a lot of Disney movies while making fun of my snoring.  I heard, "Wow, mom!  You really snored loud!  I've never heard anyone snore that loud!"  Gee thanks kids!  I can't help it I snore like a freight train when I can't breathe through my nose.  I missed work yesterday and went to the express med clinic.  It wasn't very express, though.  I had to wait over and hour to see someone.  She was very nice, but she wrote me a note for work and told me to stay home today too.  I told her I needed to work with my students this close to ISTEP.  She told me, tough.  She said I needed to have antibiotics in me 24 hours before going back.  1, because I am contagious until then and 2, because I won't feel any better until then.  She said if I push myself, I will be back in to see her by the end of the week.

I got up this morning and tried to get going, but I just couldn't do it.  I wish the Dr. wasn't right.  I really wanted to go back to work today.  I cried about it this morning!  I am not the kind of person that likes to take time off.  I usually push myself and work through it.  This stinks!

We dropped the kids off at school and I got my tutoring papers ready to go for my sub.  My boss told me to stay away from her, that she didn't want it.  She said she had it really bad a few years ago and didn't want it like that again.  She told me not to come back tomorrow if I'm no better.  I will be better!  I will be back at work tomorrow no matter what!

Shawn just said that I'm trying to get my husband sick.  He's had it mildly this weekend/week.  I told him round 1 was mild for me too (over a week ago), its round 2 that put me down.

Goodnight!  A nap is calling my name!

~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment