Saturday, April 7, 2012

Life is Grand!!!

It was an ideal spring day, a light blue sky, flecked with little fleecy white clouds drifting across from west to east. The sun was shining very brightly, and yet there was an exhilarating nip in the air, which set an edge to a man's energy. ~Arthur Conan Doyle

I thought that was a somewhat appropriate quote for this morning's weather.  We froze at baseball practice, but it was oh so beautiful out!

Playing First Base

Abby Freezing, LOL!

Batting Practice


Shawn and I never made it to see The Hunger Games, yet.  Anyone want to babysit next weekend?  This song is made for the movie, or something along that line.


The kids are outside playing right now in this beautiful sun!  I was out with them for a while.  I really need to clean up the garage.  It's cluttered.

During Zac's baseball practice last night, Abby and I went to Walmart in Monticello.  I also came home and walked on the treadmill at a 6% incline for 30 minutes.  I know its not much, but I am out of shape and it was 9:30 when I finished.  I walked earlier for 30 minutes at a 7% incline.  I think we are going for a 2 mile walk tonight when Shawn gets home from work.  Technically, its 2.2 miles.  I am trying so hard!  I've lost 13 pounds since I miscarried 12 weeks ago by cutting out unhealthy food and walking laps for 25 minutes at school.  Its not a lot, but then again, I didn't gain it all overnight so I can't expect to lose it all overnight.  Unfortunately, I've been dancing around the same number for about 2-3 weeks.  That's why I'm trying to walk even more.  I really hope to continue this trend!!!

EDIT:  I just walked an hour on the treadmill.  I was feeling good about that, until just now.  One of my Facebook friends is trying to find someone to run 8 miles with her in the morning.  

After baseball practice today we had Subway for lunch and picked a few things up at the grocery store.  That's about it here.

Take Care Everyone!  Have a WONDERFUL Easter!!!

~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment