Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break!!!

Some People...

Anyway~

We had an awesome spring break.  We didn't do a lot, but it was still fun.  I read a lot!  It was great!  I love to read, but it seems like I never have time.  I read:

  Married by Morning by Lisa Kleypas
  Love in the Afternoon by Lisa Kleypas
  Brave the Wild Wind by Johanna Lindsey
  Savage Thunder by Johanna Lindsey
  Angel by Johanna Lindsey
  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
  Mockingbird by Suzanne Collins
  The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

9 books in 10 days.  Not too shabby!  Shawn read The Hunger Games trilogy over spring break as well.  Now we need to see the movie.

We went to Indy on Wednesday to the Peyton Manning Children's Hospital for Zac to have a human growth hormone test done.  We left at 6:15 am.  We got down there and the hospital was out of power.  The back up generators had problems as well.  Our nurse said she'd worked their 22 years and its never happened before.  I don't know what the cause was.  It was a mess.  Only one elevator was working, so it took us a bit to get to the 7th floor.  Of course, we had to reschedule the test for Friday.

Since we were in Indy, we went to the zoo.  The kids and I loved the Dolphin show.  We took a tour of Lucas Oil Stadium.  It was fun!  We got to walk on the field, visit the suites that are only $50,000-$200,000 a season.  Meh, pocket change...  The quarterback suite was awesome.  Shawn and the kids made fun of me.  We took the elevator up to the top/7th floor.  The elevators are glass looking out into the city.  Zac said, "Mom, look out.  It's cool."  I said, "No, thank you."  I'm a chicken.  I'm afraid of heights.  So is Shawn.

We got Zac's test results back today.  He does have a deficiency in his growth hormone production.  The next step is an MRI.  If that clears, I think we move on to giving Zac hgh shots.

About it here!  Take Care!!!

Don't miss the pics below.

~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment