Thursday, July 19, 2012

50 Shades of Grey

I keep hearing about it, so I decided to read it.  I picked it up on kindle at my library yesterday.  I started it last night, read for a few hours, picked it up this morning and finished it about 3:00.  Wow!  I did do some laundry and dishes in that time as well.  It is definitely a page turner (or button on kindle).  Very detailed.  It leaves me feeling like Hemingway does.  The books start off interesting, but then gets depressing.  You keep turning the page because you think things have to get better at some point, right?  Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms comes to mind.  It's a depressing story of a man during WWI.  He knocks up a nurse, whom he doesn't love.  You keep turning the pages wanting things to start looking up, but no.  The book ends with the nurse dying in childbirth.  Really?!?!?!

50 Shades of Grey is the same to me.  How can you love someone so controlling?  And be submissive???  There isn't a submissive bone in my body, so I definitely don't understand that one.  It is definitely a book only mature people should read.

Luckily book 2 and 3 are also on the kindle.  I imagine I'll be drawn to start book 2 later tonight.  Things have to start looking up at some point, right??????

Take Care!!!

~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment