Sunday, July 8, 2012

It's been 9 days...

Since I last blogged.  All-star baseball games have kept us busy.  That, and I've been reading a lot.  Mostly smut books, as Shawn calls them.

I'm sitting here and I can no longer smell my Scentsy pots.  Time to chance the wax.  I've lost 33lbs total now.  I haven't been walking because its been so unbearably hot out, therefore I've only lost .2 lbs in 2-3 weeks.  Oops!

After my last post about the drought, we have managed to "get" rain twice.  I say get, because its like winning the lottery!  It rained 1.1 inches the first time and then 1.4 inches the second time.  Yeah for 2.5 inches of rain.  Sadly, it was too late for some fields.  I was discussing this with an uncle recently.  The farmer he works for has some corn fields that produced no ears.  The corn planted early appears to be the fields hit the worst.  Since the farmer has cows, he plans on chopping the fields for silage.  It's sad.  I've heard of some fields of corn north of here being plowed and planted to beans.  If we don't get rain, the money spent on planting beans won't amount to much either.  I walked 5 rows into a neighboring field yesterday and pulled an ear of corn.  I broke it in half and it had only 14 rows of kernels.  Last year a lot of fields had 18 rows. It's not a good year.

Does anyone know why the tassels look different? Is it because of the lack of rain? Are they spread open more? Are they more yellow? Is It because the corn is so short, we’re not used to seeing them this well? I’m not sure, but to me, they look somehow different.

Here are some pics. Zac lost the same tooth Abby did 2 days later. 4th of July. Baseball.... Enjoy!









































No comments:

Post a Comment