Sunday, July 15, 2012

One Month...

Until we are back to school! I am ready! Baseball is over for us. It was so funny. Zac put his baseball stuff on the shelf in the garage when we got home from the last game, then picked up his football to go start practicing. Football will be here before we know it!

As for baseball, we lost at semi-state. I am proud of my son! There was quite a bit of drama with the team, especially towards the end of the season. There were times we thought about quitting, but Shawn and I didn't want to teach the kids that it is okay to quit. Out of 66 kids, he was 1 out of 12 chosen for the all-star team. I told Zac that since he was chosen out of so many, we needed to see it through to the end. We want to instill a good "work" ethic in our kids. I'm also big on manners, and boy do they use them now. ;-) I can't believe how much the kids have grown physically, as well as mentally. They are so much more mature now.

I am glad they are still young enough to want to help me clean! We worked our behinds off today cleaning the house spotless, then weeding the flower garden. We also washed my Durango. After that, I made supper and we swam in the pool for an hour when Shawn got home from work. I am exhausted. My house now smells like pine-sol and Scentsy.

Shawn just asked me, "What'd the keys on the laptop ever do to you?" He said I'm "hammering" away on them. LOL!

Here is a picture of the kids when they were helping me weed the flower garden. They were a HUGE help!


I love this song...




Take Care!!!

~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment