Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hump Day

It's almost over!  Thank goodness!  I have had one of those days where nothing goes smoothly.  It started with dribbling toothpaste on my shirt.  I thought I got it washed off, but not good enough apparently.  When it dried, I had a little white spot on my shirt.  Breakfast went smoothly, except for the kid that chucked his milk in the trash can and it splashed all over.  I had a sticky arm until I got a chance to wash it, not to mention the little splashes on my shirt..

After that, I sent 3 papers from the computer to the copy machine.  I forgot about it and went to 5th grade Math.  During 5th grade, I must have knocked my water bottle over 3 times.  Thankfully they have lids.  After 5th grade, I remembered my papers, so I went to the copy room to get them and they were not there.  I assume someone else picked up a stack of papers they had printed and mine were in there as well.  I had a meeting at this time, so I didn't have time to re-send them.  The meeting went smoothly.

After that I went to 4th grade Math.  I refilled my water bottle on the way and added a packet of pomegranate crystal light to it once I got into the room.  I "thought" I had the lid on tight, but of course I didn't really.  I splashed drops of red water on my hands and shirt when I shook it up.

After 4th grade, I had 3rd grade recess. I didn't have time to take a potty break beforehand, so you know what the cold air did to me.  It was the longest 30 minute recess ever.  After recess, I dropped the kids off at the cafeteria and picked up a taco salad for myself.  Oh, and a chocolate milk.  I was desperate for some chocolate at this point.  I brought my lunch back to my room, got my coat off and darted for the bathroom.  I about popped the button off of my dress pants trying to rush.  I made it though!

After lunch, I brought my taco salad bowl back to the cafeteria.  On the way, a fellow teacher and I collided.  Yep, my bowl ended up smashing into my belly.  I already had milk and pomegranate water on my shirt, so why not add a little taco seasoning?

After lunch I went to 3rd grade Math.  Knock on wood, nothing traumatic happened here.  After 3rd, I had about 5 minutes.  I thought heck, I can send those 3 papers back the the copy machine and pick them up and head on to 2nd grade Math.  C'mon now.  Of course it won't work that way.  I send my papers to the copy  machine head back down to the copy room to get them and the darn thing is out of paper.  I get the paper and refill the thing.  Problem solved, right?  Wrong!  The darn thing gets a paper jam.  I follow the diagrams on the machine to get all of the papers out and close the thing back up.  I swear I got them all, but it insisted I didn't.  It was right.  I re-open the thing only touching the little green tabs and finally find the last paper.  I get it all back together and shazam we're back in business.  By this time, I'm 10 minutes late to second grade, but I got there.

2nd grade went smoothly.  After that I have 25 minute prep before I clock out.  I managed to grade a few papers and succeeded in giving myself a paper cut under my nail.  Not sure how I did it, but it is possible. After school, I worked on a bulletin board, but that went smoothly.  The rest of the day has been uneventful.  I like uneventful!  I need more uneventful!

If you made it though this, I'm impressed.

Take Care!

~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment