Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday!

Don't miss the pics below...

I was talking with Shawn earlier and said, "I wonder how our babies are doing."  Ha ha!  He informed me that they are not really babies yet. I told him we need to have fun with this instead of being so serious about it.  I asked him, "What kind of parents are we leaving our babies in Indy all alone?"  I told Shawn we have 11 kids at the moment.  We have Zac, Abby, Lucy, and 8 fertilized zygotes.  Shawn just shook his head and told me not to get attached, we are not going to have "20 Kids and Counting".  Haha!  Since eight of the eggs fertilized, several people have teased us that we are going to be the next octomom.  Um, no!  LOL!  We're not crazy!  We just want 1.

We've been asked questions, so I am going to answer them below.

1.)  How long before they put them back in me?
    Our Dr. does a 5 day transfer, making it Tuesday.  Some Reproductive Endocrinologists (RE) do 3 day transfers.


2.)  How many are we going to put back in?
     That all depends upon how viable they are.  The morning of day 5, they grade the blastocysts.  We will probably pick the 2 most viable ones, but we'll see when the time comes.  Here is more information on grading embryos: http://www.fertilityproregistry.com/content/embryo-grading.asp

3.)  What are we doing with the extra embryos?
     If we're lucky and there are some other "healthy" ones, we will have them frozen.

That's all I can think of for now, but if you have any questions, let me know!

Have a great weekend!

~Sam

3 comments:

  1. Hello There. ӏ discоvered youг weblog the uѕe of
    mѕn. That is а really neatly written аrticle.
    I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.

    Feel free to surf to my website ... lloyd irvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is among thе moѕt imρortant info fοг me.
    And i am glаd гeadіng your artіclе.
    Вut want to геmark on few general things, The web site style is idеal, the агtісles iѕ гeаlly exсellent : D.

    Gοod job, cheeгs

    Revіew my web-sitе :: lloyd irvin

    ReplyDelete
  3. When some one sеагches fοг his necessагy thing, so he/shе
    dеsіres to bе available that in detail, thus that thing iѕ maintained ovеr heге.


    Ϻy page - reputation management

    ReplyDelete