Sunday, September 4, 2011

Our awesome weekend!

Why can't life be easy? I've had a wide range of emotions today and I still don't know what to do or what's right or best. Yes, that's right, I can be opinionated, but I don't have all the answers. Now that I got that out, maybe things will fall into place. Who knows....

It was a great weekend! Great news on Friday and a lot of family time!

We went out to eat for Shawn's birthday Friday. He will be 35 tomorrow! Happy Birthday old man! Hahaha!

I enjoyed the warmer weather we had. We got to get in the pool again! We swam in it all afternoon yesterday. My awesome sister-in-law Sara came over and swam with us. Sara and I have a lot in common. Our friend Lindsey came over and got in with us too for an hour or so and she brought our Mary Kay! Yeah!

Last night we had a get together on Shawn's dad's side. It was nice to see everyone there too. I got Shawn to hold one of the babies and he actually enjoyed it without freaking out. LOL! He's so afraid he's going to "break" a baby. The girls played hair stylist with our hair and the boys played in the yard with a ball. It was a nice time until the lightning came. We decided to leave when it got close. We barely made it out of the driveway before the rain came pouring down. It was more like pounding down. It was crazy!

We wouldn't let Sara drive home until the storm passed, so we "made" her watch a scary movie with us. We watched Insidious and I am a chicken. I jumped several times in the movie, not to mention I screamed once. Yeah, I know... I'm not very brave when it comes to movies. I can walk down a long lane alone at night without being afraid, but I can't watch a scary movie without screaming. It's the suspense and the scenes where you see something you're not expecting to see that get to me. They might scare me, but I love suspenseful movies. I don't like gory movies. Those are disgusting. Anyway... I started the movie off sitting in a recliner, Shawn was in the other recliner, and Sara was on the couch. I ended the movies sitting bunched up next to Sara, our arms linked, and a blanket ready to pull over my head. I don't think Sara minded too much. She was scared too. Maybe not as bad as me, but I don't think she liked sitting alone either. She kept trying to get Lucy to sit with her.

It's been a kind of busy day today. It started off by me getting up and making homemade ham and bacon mac n' cheese for the get together at mom and dad's. We then went to church with my mother and father in law, came home, changed clothes, grabbed the mac n' cheese and headed to mom and dad's. It was nice seeing family! I don't see enough of them! We had yummy pork and turkey roasted on the grill. And a piece of strawberry pie.

When we got home, we took a walk around the block. I'm guessing its between 3 and 4 miles. I'll have to drive it a trip my odometer to know for sure. I thought poor Lucy wasn't going to make it. She started off the walk pulling us along. We finished the walk pulling her along. The kids would run a pole ahead of us, stop, and find some creature or "flower" (weed) to play with until we caught up and then they would do it all over again. There was a black snake on the side of the road that Zac stepped on when he was running. He didn't even see it until Shawn pointed it out to him. It was not a happy snake after being stepped on! Lucy didn't know what to think of it. We only had 1 vehicle pass us on our walk. Surprisingly enough, it was on our never busy road.

Now I have the dishwasher and washer going. I feel like all I ever do is clean house. I need a maid!

No comments:

Post a Comment