Wednesday, October 5, 2011

3 days come and gone already?!?!

My days zoom by so quickly!  I wish things would slow down a little.  Right now we are watching Ghost Hunters.  Jason has his daughter Haily with him this episode.  Its so cool to see his daughter follow in his footsteps.  Sons of Anarchy was good last night.  What is Juice thinking?!  I love watching these shows with Shawn!  I'm so glad we have the same tastes in shows and movies.  We are so made for each other!

I started working on SES lessons yesterday.  Definitely keeps me busy...  SES stands for Supplemental Educational Services; better known as after school tutoring.  I tutored after school last year and made decent money doing it.  Okay, it was better than decent.  It was pretty darn good.  I will be tutoring again this year.  It starts next month.  Right now I have taken on the task of finding, copying, and creating 22 lessons for each grade level we plan on offering SES.  I will then send them up to the print shop at the high school to be copied for each tutor and student.  I have made good progress in 2 days.  Most lessons have lesson plans typed up, but I will need to type up the rest.

This might sound crazy, but I like doing this.  I know what needs to be taught, I know what (I anticipate) these students will struggle with, and where they will need the extra help.  I hope to spend a good amount of time on it this weekend and get it ready to go.  I am kind of crazy like that.  When I take on a task; and this is a rather large one; I try to complete it as quickly and proficiently as I can.  I do not procrastinate on big important projects like this.

I do, however, procrastinate on my repetitive grading and filing.   I was behind on grading, recording, and filing my student's papers; so I brought them home and worked on them for 2 1/2 hours last night.  I am all caught up now!  Yeah!

I am excited!  10 more days until the 15th!  10 more days until I start my Lupron injections!  Woohooo!!!!!

~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment